Seasonal Scramble Bowls
Scrambled eggs takes the place of grains in this twist on a trendy 'Buddha bowl'
- Prep time: 5 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 5 min
- Calories 490
- Fat 31 g
- Saturated Fat 16 g
- Cholesterol 650 mg
- Carbohydrates 23 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 29 g
- Sodium 770 mg
- Potassium* 440 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2/3 cup / 150 g
- Burnbrae Farms Liquid Whole Egg, well shaken
- each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp / 10 ml
- salted butter (approx.)
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml
- assorted garnishes (approx.), see Variations
- Whisk liquid eggs with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a small skillet set over medium-low heat; add eggs and softly scramble until just about set (about 2 minutes).
- Meanwhile assemble and reheat the garnishes as needed. Spoon scrambled eggs into serving bowl and surround decoratively with garnishes.
Try these combinations or use them as a starting point for your own creations:
- Spring: Blanched asparagus, fresh peas or sliced snap peas, radish matchsticks, sliced avocado, pea shoots, sliced green onions, crumbled goat cheese and balsamic drizzle.
- Summer: Grilled zucchini and/or summer squash, peppers, baby arugula, halved grape tomatoes, torn fresh basil, ricotta or fresh mozzarella and basil pesto.
- Fall: Roasted sweet potatoes or squash, roasted red peppers, toasted corn, wilted kale or spinach, cubed cheddar and sour cream.
- Winter: Fried potatoes, fried onions, sautéed peppers, blanched broccoli, grated Gruyere or white Cheddar cheese and chili sauce.
- Use leftover ingredients on hand to create daily seasonal bowls.
- Replace whole egg with Burnbrae Farms Liquid Egg Whites; be sure to whisk them well for the fluffiest texture.