Baked Egg Wellington w/ Blackberry Port Gravy + Steamed GreensBurnbrae Farms
If meat is not an option, try this unique take on a true classic!
- Prep time: 30 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 25 min
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- as needed Puff Pastry
- Puff Pastry
- 1 piece Prestige™ Sous Vide Egg Bites with Broccoli and Parmesan, thawed
- Prestige™ Sous Vide Egg Bites with Broccoli and Parmesan, thawed
- 28 g Mushroom Duxelles
- Mushroom Duxelles
- 2 tbsp / 15 mL Dijon Mustard
- Dijon Mustard
- 7.5 mL Prestige™ Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs
- Prestige™ Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs
- 112 g Kale (or other green)
- Kale (or other green)
- 75 mL Blackberry Port Gravy, hot
- Blackberry Port Gravy, hot
- 2 tbsp /15 mL Olive Oil
- Olive Oil
- to season to taste the greens Salt + Pepper
- Salt + Pepper
- Coat the outside of the sous vide egg bite with Dijon mustard. Next coat all sides except the bottom of the egg bite with the mushroom duxelles.
- Place the puff pastry onto a flat surface. Place the now coated egg bite onto the puff pastry leaving enough room to top the egg bite with another piece of puff pastry.
- Cut a second piece of puff pastry to an appropriate size to cover the top of the egg bite. Using your finger, paint the bottom piece of puff pastry with the liquid whole egg. This will act as a glue to connect the top piece and the bottom piece of pastry.
- Place the second piece of pastry over the top of the egg bite and form it around the bite pressing it down on the bottom piece where the liquid whole egg was painted. Ensure the egg bite is nicely covered and sealed. Cut any remaining puff pastry away.
- Coat the entire surface of puff pastry with the liquid whole egg. Using a knife, make a small incision on the top of the wellington. This will help allow steam to escape. Place the egg wellington into a 425 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. Once the wellington has achieved the degree of doneness, remove it from the oven.
- While the wellington is cooking, place your greens into a steamer for 1 – 2 minutes to soften and cook through.
- Neatly place the steamed greens onto the plate. Season them with olive oil, salt + pepper.
- Place the egg wellington onto a cutting board and using a bread knife, carefully cut the wellington in half.
- Place the two halves onto the plate beside the dressed greens.
- Finish off the presentation by placing a ramekin of hot blackberry port gravy on the plate.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.