Egg Schnitzel w/ Potato Salad + Grilled LemonBurnbrae Farms
With a golden crisp coating and soft middle, these Schnitzels are sure to satisfy the most discerning critic!
- Prep time: 20 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 12 min
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 patties Prestige™ Natural Shape Egg Patties
- Prestige™ Natural Shape Egg Patties
- ½ cup / 125 mL Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup / 125 mL Panko Breadcrumbs
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- 28 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup / 50 mL Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup / 125 mL Prestige™ Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs
- Prestige™ Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs
- ½ cup / 125 mL 2% Milk
- 2% Milk
- 1 cup / 250 mL All Purpose Flour
- All Purpose Flour
- to season the flour Salt + Pepper
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL Olive Oil
- Olive Oil
- 1 piece Lemon Half
- Lemon Half
- ½ cup / 125 mL Potato Salad
- Potato Salad
- 2 pieces Chives
- Place the flour into a shallow bowl and season with salt + pepper.
- Place the liquid whole eggs and 2 % milk into a shallow bowl and whisk together.
- Place the breadcrumbs, Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley into a shallow bowl and mix together to ensure everything is well blended.
- Place the olive oil into a non stick sauté pan over medium heat and allow it to get hot.
- Take one of the egg bites and place it into the flour. Ensure both sides are fully coated.
- Take the now coated egg patty and place it into the egg and milk mixture. Move the patty around allowing all sides to fully get coated.
- Take the patty and place it back into the flour do dredge for a second time. Ensure the patty gets fully coated in the flour again.
- Take the patty and place it back in the egg and milk mixture for a second coating. Ensure the patty gets fully coated in the egg mixture again.
- Now take the double dredged egg patty and place it into the breadcrumb mixture. Ensure you the patty gets fully coated with the breadcrumb mixture as this is the last step in the coating process.
- Repeat steps 5 – 9 for the second egg patty.
- Place the coated egg patties into the hot olive oil and all them to fry. Cook each side until they are crisp and golden brown.
- While the egg patties are cooking, rub the flesh side of the half lemon with olive oil and place it onto a hot grill. Leave the lemon on the grill until you achieve grill marks and the lemon starts to caramelize. Remove the lemon from the grill.
- Neatly place the potato salad on the plate.
- Place the egg schnitzels on the plate leaning on the potato salad slightly.
- Place the grilled lemon on the plate beside the salad and schnitzel.
- Finish off the presentation by leaning the chive spears over the salad and schnitzel.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.