Elegant Asparagus & Quiche Wrap with Spiced Tomato Jam
Serve this classy sandwich with fresh seasonal fruit or a tossed green salad.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Makes: 4 Servings
- Cook time: 6 min
- Calories 520
- Fat 22 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Carbohydrates 59 g
- Fibre 5 g
- Sugars 12 g
- Protein 25 g
- Sodium 960 mg
- Potassium* 300 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- Quiche Wrap:
- EGG Bakes! Spinach, Ricotta and Caramelized Onion Quiche
- cup tomato or fig jam, divided
- large flour tortillas (10-inch/25 cm)
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml
- cubed, chilled Brie cheese, divided
- 8 spears
- roasted or grilled asparagus (see tip)
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml
- baby arugula
- Spiced Tomato Jam:
- 2 pound / 1 kg
- ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup / 175 ml
- brown sugar
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml
- cider vinegar
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp / 5 ml
- each salt and ginger
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml
- each ground coriander and cumin
- 1/4 tsp / 1 ml
- ground cloves
- Spiced Tomato Jam: Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat; boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until mixture has jam-like consistency. Cool and reserve in an airtight glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Makes about 2 cups (500 mL).
- Quiche Wrap: Microwave Egg Bakes! Quiches on High for 90 seconds each. Cut in half.
- Spread each tortilla with 2 tbsp (30 ml) Spiced Tomato Jam and top with 2 tbsp (30 ml) cubed cheese. Arrange two quiche halves down centre of each wrap; top with an equal portion of asparagus, remaining cheese and arugula. Fold to enclose.
- Toast wraps in a large, nonstick skillet turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden.
- For roasted or grilled asparagus: Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper and roast at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes or until tender-crisp. Alternately, grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until marked and tender.
- Replace the Spinach, Ricotta & Caramelized Onion Quiche with Egg Bakes! Garden Vegetable Quiche flavour.
- Used a commercially prepared tomato jam or fig jam instead of homemade Spiced Tomato Jam.
- Leftover Spiced Tomato Jam can be used on sandwiches, omelettes or served with grilled or roasted meats.