Hollandaise SmackdownBurnbrae Farms
The Classic creamy sauce, with new flavour twists and a speedier prep time with Prestige frozen yolks.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Makes: 12
- Cook time: 15 min
- Calories 250
- Fat 27 g
- Saturated Fat 16 g
- Cholesterol 220 mg
- Carbohydrate 0 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Protein 3 g
- Sodium 210 mg
Nutrition information reflects the base sauce recipe only, not the flavour variations.
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 12 (192 g) Prestige Frozen Egg Yolk
- Prestige Frozen Egg Yolk
- 1 ½ Cup. (342 g) Unsalted Butter, melted
- Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. (15 ml) Lemon Juice
- Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Set a saucepan on the stove with 1” (2.5cm) of water and bring to a simmer.
- In a stainless steel bowl, slowly whisk the portioned egg yolks with 4 Tbsp. tepid water and the lemon juice. Once combined, vigorously whisk for 30 seconds until thick and frothy.
- Set the bowl over the water and ensure it is barely simmering. Continue to continually whisk the yolks, so they don’t get too hot and scramble. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened, light and doubled in volume. Whisk in salt. Remove from heat and place in a warm spot until ready to use.
- If the sauce gets too thick, add a few drops of warm water. Serve within 1 hour.
|Shell Eggs (12)||Time Required||Frozen Egg Yolk||Time Required||Notes|
|Crack and Separate Eggs||8||Weigh out Yolk||1||Can be messy. Have to find something to do with egg whites, otherwise a waste. Exact qty yolk|
|Melt Butter||2||Melt Butter||2|
|Add lemon juice, whisk Yolks over double boiler to ribbon stage||4||Whisk yolk, water and lemon juice to combine, then whisk over double boiler to warm||2||Less risk of splitting/scrambling the eggs at the beginning|
|Slowly Add Butter||4||Slowly Add Butter||4|
|18 mins||9 mins|
- For Blender method, start at step 2, and run the blender on low to combine, then high to whip. With the blender running on medium, slowly pour in the melted butter through the top of the lid. Pause between each step to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add salt and give it 30 seconds on high speed to increase volume. Sauce will be thinner than hand whipped method.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.