Jalapeno Egg PoppersBurnbrae Farms
The ever-popular game time treat meets a devilled egg……. And makes a spicy, cheesy, protein-packed snack or appetizer!
- Prep time: 15 min
- Makes: 4
- Cook time: 5 min
- Calories 360
- Fat 29 g
- Saturated Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 410 mg
- Carbohydrate 2 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 22 g
- Sodium 690 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 8 Burnbrae Farms Eggs 2 Go Hard Boiled Eggs
- Burnbrae Farms Eggs 2 Go Hard Boiled Eggs
- ½ Cup (125 ml) Cream Cheese, softened
- Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) Pickled Jalapeno Rings, divided and brine reserved
- Pickled Jalapeno Rings, divided and brine reserved
- 4 slice (80 g) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, halved and trimmed to size of an egg
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, halved and trimmed to size of an egg
- 8 slices Ready-to-Eat Bacon
- Ready-to-Eat Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375F ( 190 C).
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half length-wise and remove yolks to a medium bowl. Mash the yokes, and mix in the softened cream cheese. Add 2 Tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped pickled jalapeno and 1 Tbsp (15 ml) brine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Assembly: Fill each egg white half with approx. 1 Tbsp (15 ml) cream cheese filling, evenly dividing. On 8 of the filled halves, lay a ½ slice of cheese and 1 jalapeno ring, and cover with egg half. Roll each re-assembled egg with one strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is just melted (but not oozed out), bacon is crisp and egg warmed through. Do not overcook, or egg will become rubbery.
- If less heat is desired, remove the seeds from jalapeño before chopping, or choose a mild jarred variety.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.