Monte Cristo Sandwich w/ Mango Chutney + Dressed Rocket GreensBurnbrae Farms
A perfect lunch or dinner dish to enjoy on a summer day. Preferably while relaxing on your favourite patio!
- Prep time: 15 min
- Makes: 1 serving
- Cook time: 10 min
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 pieces Brioche Bread, thickly sliced
- Brioche Bread, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp / 30 mL Mayonnaise
- 4 slices Gruyere Cheese
- Gruyere Cheese
- 2 oz. / 56 g Turkey Pastrami
- Turkey Pastrami
- ½ cup / 125 mL Prestige™ Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs
- Prestige™ Ultra Liquid Whole Eggs
- ½ cup / 125 mL 2 % milk
- 2 % milk
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Olive Oil
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Butter, melted
- Butter, melted
- ¼ cup / 50 mL Mango Chutney
- Mango Chutney
- 28 g Rocket Greens
- Rocket Greens
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Lemon Juice
- Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp / 15 mL Grape seed Oil
- Grape seed Oil
- to taste Salt + Pepper
- Salt + Pepper
- Lay your pieces of bread out onto a cutting board. Spread each piece of bread with mayonnaise.
- Place two pieces of Gruyere cheese on top of the mayonnaise on one piece of the bread.
- Place the turkey pastrami evenly over the top of the Gruyere cheese.
- Place the other two pieces of the Gruyere cheese over the top of the turkey pastrami.
- Place the second piece of bread over the top of the Gruyere cheese to complete the sandwich.
- Once the sandwich is put together, press down on it slightly to ensure you have an even distribution of ingredients and both slices of bread are flat.
- Place the liquid whole egg and the milk into a shallow dish and mix together.
- Place a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and melted butter and allow them to get bubbly.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into to the egg and milk mixture allowing the mixture to just coat the bread and then immediately place the sandwich into the sauté pan.
- Cook the sandwich until the egg is cooked and you achieve a golden brown color and texture on each side.
- Once cooked on both sides, remove the sandwich from the pan and place back onto the cutting board.
- Place the rocket greens into a mixing bowl. Add the grapeseed oil, lemon juice, salt + pepper. Mix together so that all of the leaves are lightly coated.
- Neatly place the dressed greens onto a plate.
- Cut the Monte Cristo sandwich in have and stack both halves on top of one another.
- Place a ramekin of mango chutney on the plate beside the greens and stacked sandwich.
Keep your inbox full by signing up for our mailing list.